I am Director of Studies in French at St Catz: please get in touch with any enquiries about the organisation of French teaching in the college. I teach the following topics:
- Language (prose, grammar, translation into English)
- Literature papers III (commentary) and IV (long texts)
- French sole paper XIII (French Thought) (paper convenor from Oct 2017)
- Language (prose, translation into English, early modern translation into English, essay in French)
- Paper VII (seventeenth- and eighteenth-century components)
- Paper VIII (eighteenth-century components)
- Paper X (Racine, Molière, Diderot, Voltaire)
- Paper XII (Rousseau)
I also lecture on a range of seventeenth- and eighteenth-century topics.
- I contribute seminars to the Masters in the European Enlightenment
ACCESS & OUTREACH
Having attended a state school prior to attending Oxford, I have a particular interest in outreach and widening access. I organised or taught on the Oxford UNIQ Summer School in French from 2010-2012 and again from 2016, and have given lectures or sessions for a range of events including a Prince's Teaching Institute 2014 Autumn Residential for MFL teachers, a visit to Clare College organised by the Social Mobility Foundation, the Sutton Trust Teacher Summer School, the Robert Taylor Society conference, and the Oxford-Cambridge Student Conferences. Please contact me if I can be of any assistance in any similar ventures.
In 2010 I completed the Oxford Modern Languages Faculty teacher-training scheme, and submitted a portfolio resulting in Associate Membership of the Higher Education Academy.